“What Benefits Can Businessmen From Pakistan Avail On UK Sole Representative Visa”
As an entrepreneur in Pakistan, obtaining a UK Sole Representative visa for one of your senior employees offers perhaps the most cost-effective and low-risk way to launch your business operations in the UK.
There are several advantages of this type of visa, which can be placed in two buckets: business benefits for your enterprise and personal benefits for the applicant.
Strategic Benefits for Your Business Venture of Securing A UK Sole Representative Visa:
- Just one individual can set up the UK branch of your business.
- You will be able to assess the potential of your products/brands without the need for a large initial investment in one of the biggest commercial markets in the world. Furthermore, the UK ranks amongst the top 10 countries in the world in terms of ease of doing business.
- Once you have tested the waters and are comfortable with the idea of expanding your business operations, you can send more of your Pakistani workforce to the UK. This can be done through the Tier 2 Employer Sponsor Transfer and Intra-Company Transfer.
- The visa processing time is relatively short (typically ten working days for applications that are not complex).
Personal Benefits to Your Senior Employee as A UK Sole Representative Visa Applicant:
- The visa is of reasonably long duration – it will last for three years. If business operations keep running smoothly during this period, the visa can be extended for two further years.
- This will create the opportunity for the applicant to achieve permanent residency (which can be applied for after staying in the UK for five years) and citizenship (which can be applied for after six years of residency).
- The applicant can access the healthcare facilities available in the UK at a low cost until the resident status is reached.
- There will be no requirement for your representative to maintain a substantial sum of money in his/her private account. It will be assumed that the corporate account based in Pakistan will bear all of his/her expenses.
- The applicant’s family will be able to shift to the UK.
- Once there, the applicant’s spouse will be free to gain full-time employment.
- The applicant’s children (under the age of 18) will be eligible for free primary and secondary education.
The UK Sole Representative Visa can potentially provide numerous benefits to your firm and workforce. It would be well worth your time as a businessman in Pakistan to give it some serious consideration.