General Visitor Visas for UK
A lot of General Visit Visas for UK from Pakistan are received by the Home Office every year. The applicants who wish to visit the UK for holidays, tourism or to visit family and friends must apply under this category that is General Visit Visa UK .It is one of the types of UK Visas. There requirements and documents for General Visit Visa UK are the same as Visit Visa UK. Generally the do’s and don’ts for the applicants are that they must:
- Be genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a period not exceeding six months,
- Maintain and accommodate themselves without recourse to public funds,
- Meet the cost of the return or onward journey, and
- Leave the UK at the end of the period of their visit
- Not take employment in the UK
- Not produce goods or provide services within the UK
- Not intend to undertake a course of study
- Not be a child under the age of 18
- Not intend to marry or give notice of the same
- Not intend to receive private medical treatment
Most visas are refused under the General Visit Visa UK category for the reasons that the ECO is satisfied that the applicant’s intention to return to country of origin is not clear.
In the following extra ordinary circumstances the applicant can extend their stay beyond six month; however a proper leave to remain application must be made to the Home Office before expiry of current General Visit Visa UK:
- Compassionate grounds,
- The visitor is in a category that allow a total stay of up to 12 months
- The applicant is unable to fly or obtain a flight, etc.
There are different types of General Visitor Visa UK for example Long Term Visa UK where you can apply from 2 to 10 years of visa. General Visit Visa UK fee completely depends on your situation, the procedure of application and where you are situated.
No Right of Appeal
There is no right of appeal against the refusal of a UK visa application for entry clearance as a general visitor. However there is nothing to be worried about as the refusal can still be challenged by way of a Judicial Review in the Upper Tribunal of the Asylum and Immigration Chamber or the High Court, as the case may be.
Judicial Review against refusal of General Visitor Visa Application
An application for permission to apply for Judicial Review must be lodged in in the Upper Tribunal of the Asylum and Immigration Chamber or the High Court, as the case may be within 90 days of the date of the refusal of the UK Visa application. A pre-action protocol is served on the Entry Clearance Officer or the Home Office before initiating a Judicial Review application.
How UK Visa Consultants can help you with General Visit Visa UK Application?
Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers and Barristers in the UK has full experience & qualifications and they are experts in dealing with Judicial Review applications against refusal of general visit visa application.
These best UK Immigration Lawyers and Barristers in London shall provide you with best possible advice / consultation and accordingly shall prepare your UK visa application and other immigration matters. After consultation, if you want us to start preparing your case, you can expect the followings from UK Visa Consultants;
- We keep information of our clients confidential and safe
- Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers & Barristers shall discuss your family visit matter in length and advise you on the required documents and other requirements of UK Immigration Rules
- Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers & Barristers shall inspect your documents very carefully and advise you if further documentation could strengthen your case
- Accordingly, our team of UK Immigration Lawyers & Barristers will complete relevant UK visa application form/s and make detailed representations (a detailed covering letter) addressed to the relevant Home Office
- Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) and, as the case may be, to the Court. This may enhance your chances of success tremendously
- Our team of UK Immigration Lawyers & Barristers is well equipped to advise you on the implications of the decision on your UK visa application and accordingly an appeal or judicial review application can be made
- It will be our aim to keep you posted at all material times during pendency of your matter
- Our fees are competitive and we only charge for the work that is being carried out
- We shall give you estimate of the fees involved from the beginning and we shall never surprise you with hidden charges.